Wednesday 6 August 2014

Beware of Scam Auction Site Swoggi.co.uk

You've no doubt spotted adverts on some websites stating how can Swoggi sell iPads (iPhone, iMac etc) for £30.  I'll let you into a little secret, they can't!

Firstly let me explain what swoggi is. It's basically a gambling site where you have minuscule odds of winning a desirable gadget at a very low price.  The reason it's gambling and not a true auction site is that you have to BUY bids before you can bid.  Yes, that's right before you get anywhere near buying the item you wanted, you have to spend money to have a chance of winning it.

Then there is the auctions themselves, a standard ebay auction will have a timer, which when ended will show who the winner is and how much they have bid.  But not at swoggi.co.uk, they have a unique (money making) feature which lets bidders (or possibly the site owners) extend the time of the auction.  So there you are, 10 seconds away from winning that iPad Air you wanted, the countdown is approaching zero, then bang someone mystical adds another 2 minutes and 30 seconds to the auction, which allows more bids from more users and you guessed it, more money for the site owners!

They also steal images of real people and pretend they are winners on the site, when in fact they are real photographs of somebody who is nothing to do with swoggi.co.uk!

Example here Seb Bell, a guy you've probably seen used on swoggi's adverts, but is in fact nothing to do with them and his image was taken from here http://www.schoolpartnershipmarketing.co.uk/2010/08/06/newsroom/ipad-competition-winner/ after he won a real ipad in a competition unrelated to swoggi.

I have just watched an auction lot which had ten seconds remaining that is still running an hour (plus plenty of bids and time extension fees) later.  If you want a cheap iPad then please buy one from a reputable retailer and don't be sucked in by this complete and utter farce.  You will end up paying many times the original selling price and will probably never win anything due to shill bids and bid bots no doubt.

If you have been scammed out of money by swoggi.co.uk then please leave a message and try and save as many people as possible from being led down the garden path with their hard earned money.

You have been warned!

The company behind swoggi.co.uk is Juniper Global Ltd, run by directors Mr Azhari Eltigani Elsheik and Mr Rimon Yousif as you'll see from the company accounts if you click the name above the company isn't massively successful.

17 comments:

  1. Scammed out of £215 by Swoggi have complained to Watchdog Tv many other places PayPal say they are investigating after many complaints Money saving Expert tell me they are looking in to it ,next I will contact the newspapers I will keep on until these crooks are exposed

    ReplyDelete
  2. I lost 100 Euro. And it seems they have shut down my account with funds still remaining and not refunded it. nless its physical goods then Paypal will not get the funds back, so people should be careful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry I lost £265. Why are they still getting away with this even police action force do nothing. ?

      Delete
  3. Everybody needs to report Swoggi to the FA to get them shut down before anybody else loses there money, you can't win it's impossible, I thought I would buy some bids for £25 but you have to pay for 100 bids to get anywhere close, I was not prepared to pay anymore so now I've lost 25 but it could of been more so everyone report them! Also when the auction is about to end they increase it so you end up paying more watch the auction without losing money and you will see also the same people seem to win and there pics are fake so nobody actually wins it is all lies!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just lost £50 thanks to being gullible enough to believe I could get something for nothing and having read a positive review by a so called expert. I feel like such a fool.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is a scam site money expert to confuse you on purpose with Money. SAVING expert At one point PayPal refunded me some of the £265 I lost. Scammers SWOGGI clawed it back something needs to be done. Any suggestions ?

      Delete
  5. I have lost £100, as I thought I would be bidding to buy product not paying money to bid. I requested return of money seconds after paying as I realized what was happening.
    Further, do not be fooled by Paypal payment as paypal will not help. As it si not physical goods. This is where I was fooled as would believe money is safe when purchasing via paypal.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the warning I was going to use them - Not Now !!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for that warning, I was just about to buy credits but decided to look first before being "scammed" later. Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. i have just been saved by your comment. i nearly made payment to this scam site

    ReplyDelete
  10. I recently tried this site, I paid for £58 worth of bids but accidently clicked my PayPal twice, making two payments of £58, when I emailed them instantly to tell them of my mistake and ask for a refund they refused,stating that they couldn't do partial refunds.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I recently tried this site, I paid for £58 worth of bids but accidently clicked my PayPal twice, making two payments of £58, when I emailed them instantly to tell them of my mistake and ask for a refund they refused,stating that they couldn't do partial refunds.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Was about to use the scam like site but won't after this.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for the advise...I was almost tempted but decided to research further first. I think you have just saved me some money!

    ReplyDelete